EVerything got together. I started it up etc. Took 13 quarts of transmission fluid. I drove it around my school's parking lot and thought it was alright so I drove it to the gas station because i needed gas. It started dieseling in the middle of the intersection and i couldn't get it started back up after that. had a few guys help me push it and got it towed back to school. The timing was off(and i knew this before i left) that's the reason why it all happened. My distributor is frozen in place and I need to buy a new one so in a few weeks here i'll be able to get that in and set the dwell, timing, carb adjustment, etc. I had my teacher help me set the dwell before i left and it was wayyyyyy off the chart. We were surprised it even started.
This reminds me I have to replace my transmission pan gasket tomorrow.
Not to get off topic but I finally did take the quardajet off and replaced it with a holley 770.
MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAH finally got to you. Good choice son, good choice. I'm very proud. Although I wouldn't have gone Holley (im an edelbrock kinda guy), but you're getting there. Actually i almost succumbed to a holley, but then i talked myself out of it.
Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
Re: Replacement transmission progress
I only went with a Holley cause I'm hoping to do a turbo 500 this summer, and the holley should be less work than a Qjet when I do. Although I got sent the wrong one, I wanted mechanical secondaries and got vacuum, I'll have to see what to do about those when I do the turbo 500. Thought about an Edelbrock, but there's much more information about blow thru turbo Holleys.
Anyways good luck getting the beast you have into driveable condition.