Info For 472 Mods? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Info For 472 Mods? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Thanks much everyone, and yes... I do realize that a 472 will never be *good* on gas, but I was ...
    69CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Info For 472 Mods?

Thanks much everyone, and yes... I do realize that a 472 will never be *good* on gas, but I was just wondering if there was any way to make it better than it is now. I do realize that having another car is the most reasonable way to get better milage... and I've done that... I've been through a 90 Corolla, a 98 Saturn SL2, and now I'm getting rid of my 96 Sunfire, none of the smaller cars can keep me interested like the Deville, plus I just love the Caddy too much to sell her...

Also, does anyone know how much a stock hood/fender/trunk lid weighs? I wouldn't mind getting some rough estimates of a goal to shoot for when I put her on the weight-loss program...

Angela Desmond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

of course you love the Caddy, that's why you're on this forum. And if you ever want to sell that 472, plenty of folks here would happily take it off your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Desmond
    of course you love the Caddy, that's why you're on this forum. And if you ever want to sell that 472, plenty of folks here would happily take it off your hands.
    the only thing i'd trade the 472 for would be a 500+ Cad with low miles and a *lil* boost:coolgleam

once i'm done with the move South/West, i'll care less about gas milage, and more about power/weight

55 Chevy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Check out Vintage Air. They have a compressor bracket for new style (Sanden) compressors that will bolt up to Edelbrock intake.

German_472 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

For manifold, maybe this manifold might fit with the stock A/C? I haven't measured it, I am not sure:
    edelbrock has a 460 rpm airgap
    sounds like a really good place to glue on a set of adapters
    pn#7566
    And, I agree with the gas mileage. With the price you pay for gas, there is no real need to safe on it - it would probably hurt the fun of driving a 472 powered Caddy.

Greetings,
    Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by German_472
    Hey Angela,

How about a lightweight hood? Maybe make one out of fiberglass, etc? I am thinking about this, as I have a guy here who claims that he can make one that looks exactly like the stock unit from the outside... Would be neat.

Andreas
    I'm seriously considering doing nearly all the removable body panels in fiberglass to save on weight, but that would all be coming in time, and money is also a much needed supply when it comes to cars... I'm still wondering what some rough estimates of saved weight would be? Can anyone help me with how much fenders/hoods/trunk lids weigh in at for a 69/70 Coupe?

thanks much,
    69DVLLE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.