electrical problems. HELP!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, electrical problems. HELP!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; It's a good idea to check out that fuel filter. If your boss knows the condition of a condenser by ...
    Angela Desmond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: electrical problems. HELP!!!

It's a good idea to check out that fuel filter. If your boss knows the condition of a condenser by looking at it, then he is truely an amazing guy.

1970caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

haha, ya i dunno if he looked at the condensor or not, he said the points were good, but i dunno.. would the fuel filter shut the car off, and start right back up after its ready?

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

It could. It's probably a good idea to replace it anyway. Replace the one on the front of the engine first. You can follow the fuel line from the carb down to it if you can't find it. This one is most likely to cause trouble, as the quadrajets have a bypass built in. It might be a good idea to replace the quadrajet one too while your at it.

MMNineInchNails is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

With my '70 I only had one fuel filter. The fuel line came straight out of the fuel pump to the carb, then in the little housing where the fuel line connects to the carb is the filter. I just took mine out and put a clear fuel filter there that you can pick up at autozone/kragen/etc.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Theres SUPPOSED to be two. I was missing the one in the Quadrajet. (well there was part of it, but it sure didn't filter anything...)

78425sedvil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my 78 sdv has the a similar problem it hesitates when i hit the gas and i have to feather the pedal to get it to stay running but sometimes it stalls altogether backfiring generator light oil light the whole 9 yards i have tried everything from tune up, k&n air filter, and new exaust to get it to breath a little better but nothing has helped so now i beleive it is the accelerator pump on the carb

Angela Desmond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just got over a a bad dead spot from a standing start with my Edelbrock 600. Rebuilt the carb and put a new cup on the accelerator pump and now it works fine. Sounds like your pump is the problem to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.