Rear Sump Pan/Pickup question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Rear Sump Pan/Pickup question in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I've got a great deal on a '72 472 with TH400 I'd like to swap into my 1980 Chevy C10 ...
    TheRage is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rear Sump Pan/Pickup question

I've got a great deal on a '72 472 with TH400 I'd like to swap into my 1980 Chevy C10 truck. I know there was a website devoted to such a "Chevillac" but can't seem to find it now/inactive. My main question however is, where can I find a less expensive alternative to paying 425 to 525 bux just for a rear-sump oilpan? I'm not trying to go on the cheap here, but I already have one of the old diesel converted to Olds 350 (not 307) gas engine with TH 350. (The TH350 supposedly has the large bolt torque converter installed). All I should need are the special motor mounts to make this work however, the sump is the major holdup.
    If it's going to cost 500 bux or more just for the custom rear sump pan, I'll keep what I've got and sell the engine..

I know Eldo 500's are hard to find now, but there's got to be a less expensive, reliable alternate.Thanks..

PS..If anyone knows if the website for the Chevillac is still up, please forward the correct URL to me.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kjc
    kjc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Rear Sump Pan/Pickup question

Get a pan and pick-up from a 425. It's mid-sump and will work fine.
    Also, instead of buying or building special mounts, consider removing the upper braces on the crossmember and switching them side for side, then they should line up with the cadillac motor's mounts.

cadillacdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Rear Sump Pan/Pickup question

I'm not possitive but I think a 368 pan will also work

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.