carb question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, carb question in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; its a 68 with a 472, i noticed that the secondaries stay open. the lever piece that pulls them open ...
    68caddycoupedeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member

carb question

its a 68 with a 472, i noticed that the secondaries stay open. the lever piece that pulls them open and closed isn't connected to them is there a pin or something that could have fallen off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: carb question

Is it the older white plastic valve that connects to it that is missing or just the link arm itself?

Make sure nothing is down the secondaries, if they open, it messes up pistons and heads. I have lost a screwdriver bit that way, along with a 307 Olds V8....

http://www.carburetor.ca/HTML/galler...V247/V247.html

do these look like it?

You may need to get a junkyard carb for parts, they are handy....

it looks similer, i'm gonna have to take some pics i'll try to have them up by tonight

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

I've got a lot of Quadrajet parts, so if you identify the one you need I could send it out to you if you want.

so i messed around with it and i dont think there is a connecting pin or anything theres just a bar on top that helps it go back down and its kinda wobbly so it moved off track, heres a pic but i works fine now.

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

CAn you circle the part you are talking about?

BTW, it's your primary open in that pic...

autotech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you had backed up about a foot and took the picture we could probably tell you what it is. From the pix, It looks like the AIR VALVE LOCKOUT of a Quadrajet.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

I think the 4M's (like this one) never HAD secondary lockouts, only air valve lockouts. Been a long time, have to dig up my books on them.

The redesigned (1975 or so) M4 series had them and was a much better design, but was less hot rodder friendly, had leaner calibrations for cruise and a more refined APT (Adjustable Part Throttle adjustments) capabilties.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.