What do ya think
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, What do ya think in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I'm running a stock 472 in a 69 Caddy hearse with an Edelbrock 1411 carb. headers and duals. Would this ...
    Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What do ya think

I'm running a stock 472 in a 69 Caddy hearse with an Edelbrock 1411 carb. headers and duals. Would this cam be a good choice? Just want to be able to keep the stock manifold and converter but get a little more outta this engine. Plan on milling out the center divider on the stock intake at a later date. I'm sure I'll have to replace the timing chain and gears while I'm at it.Thanks for any input. here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...30224365QQrdZ1

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: What do ya think

Is that one of the normal vendors?

with your setup, I would go with a MT10.

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

It's better than stock, but not far past it. I would go for something bigger still. I don't know when your rockers start to limit you though.

472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 55 60S, 81 DeVille (Diesel), 83 Coupe (507), 84 Wood (425)

That's the exact cam I had in my 472; I ran it with a manifolds, single 3" with a Super 40 Flowmaster, Edelbrock 2115 intake and Holley 750cfm carb. It's a nice cam even if it is "off brand". I was skeptical at first, but for the money, it was worth a shot. It gave a mild lump but a subtle tone, and performed nicely considering the other upgrades. I would have stepped up to the next level they offer if I didn't plan on driving the car frequently.

I will add that it was REALLY pushing it on using the stock torque converter. With the mods you have and plan on, you should consider stepping it up anyway (TQ converter).

For the buck, it's one hell of a camshaft - entirely streetable. If you don't want 'streetable', go with the next step up. I think I'll grab the higher up model now that budget allows and I've ditched the stock valvetrain

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.