Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Electrical Dillemma

Electrical Dillemma

My dillemma is this: My car has so many electrical issues, I am considering selling it at a very cheap price. But I haven't let go yet, and would like some feedback on rewiring a 70 deville before I make any rash decisions.
    I happen to know that MANY of my problems stem from a poor column rebuild 2 years ago. I went to a mechanic and he rewired it in a way that allowed the car to start and not do anything else. No indicators were hooked up or anything. It took me a while to realize the significance of that dealing with the column and the shorts I have had to deal with these past 2 years. The car is not running now. The ignition switch stuck on and fried the starter. Maybe a used column is the route go. Where could I get one in Southern California for under $400? That's what the guys in San Fernando are asking. What would you guys do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Re: Electrical Dillemma

I would say try to get the whole setup you need from the yard. Also grab a shop manual. Either way it's going to be a lot of work, but if I were you I wouldn't give up and sell it.

Well if you ever want to sell it to me I need a parts car for my 70 Deville but you probably shouldn't give up on it yet, and go to the yard as terrible one said.

Where do I get a shop manual for a 1970 Deville?

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

JTraik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Too many...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrets
    Where do I get a shop manual for a 1970 Deville?
    You can also use Faxon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...temZ7943064877

I bought mine from them... they are reprints and very durable.

I had an 80 seville that had a fire at the fuse block. Yikes! I bought a wiring diagram from Faxon and a shop manual. The wiring diagram was 3 foldouts that streched to 9 feet when placed end to end, and the whole thing was color coded. I canabalized harnesses and pieces from the yard, bought a package of 500 but connecters and started. It took 3 months and a lot of frustration, but when finished the car ran fine for years. Good luck.