500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Got A V-8-6-4 For My 82 Coupe Now? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok The 78 Parts Car Feel Throught, So I Picked Up The 81! My Questions Are
1. Are There Any ...
Ok The 78 Parts Car Feel Throught, So I Picked Up The 81! My Questions Are
1. Are There Any Other Items From Car That Need To Be Swapped To Use The V-8-6-4 Electronics Wise?
2. Can That System Be Disabled And If So Would That Make A More Reliable Motor?
3. Is It Better To Run The Fuel Injection Or Get A 4bbl And Run That?
4. I Already Got The Info On The Transmission And Drivshaft Anything Else I Have Forgotten.
the 1982 has the 368 in it as well? if so it should be a near bolt in swap.
1) no, but I would persoanlly cut the wire going from the transmission that tells the engine to kick back some cylinders, then just wire up all the selonoids to a simple on/off rocker switch and mount that on the dash somewhere, so you can choose betwen V4/V8 only and when you want, not when the 25 year old computer wants. Trust me, it'll be far better for you.
2) yes it can, but I woudln't say it would be more reliable.
3)depends, if all the factory FI stuff is working and there is no problem with it... why dump it? but a carb could go right on for you.
4) not really... is the '82 HT4100...sorry brain fart... if it is, then the swap will be a bit more involved, and I would honestly go with a carb, but defintly keep the cylinder deactiveation feature... I mean, thats just freakin cool
Well No Actually I Had A V-6 In The 1981 And I Had Already Gotten Great Info From The Ape Man On Swapping Out The Th200 For The Th400 In The 1981 Along With The 368. So Do I Have To Pull The Computer From The Donor Car As Well??? That Is Pretty Much Why I Suggested Swapping Back To A Carb, And Just Running The Old 4 Wire Setup, Power, Ground, On, And Start???
I Guess My First Plan Of Attack Is To Drive The 1981 And Check Over The Frame And All May Just Swap The Wheels & Radio Out Of The 1982 And Start Selling Parts If You Know What I Mean. It Is A Shame Because The 1982 Has Not One Spot Of Rust Anywhere On It!!! And That Is Also My Big Worry Because The 1981 Was Used For The Past 5 Yrs By The Grandfather Who Started The Farm To Run Around And Check On The Grand Kids Now Running The Operations, So It Got No Inspections Or Whatnot???