Ported Intake? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Ported Intake? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by Sasquatch Is anybody running either a 2115 or a PCIII? How was the change out from the ...
    terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Re: Ported Intake?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Is anybody running either a 2115 or a PCIII? How was the change out from the stock intake? Difficult? Time involved? Make a big difference in performance?
    Switching out intakes isn't very hard or time consuming. it's just unbolting and re-bolting.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I've never ran an aftermarket intake yet on a 500 but I've taken a stocker off and put it back on. It's a couple hour job tops, marking vac lines and pulling the carb, unbolting the manifold, replacing everything.

472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 55 60S, 81 DeVille (Diesel), 83 Coupe (507), 84 Wood (425)

I had the 2115 on my 472, and it's a pretty killer intake - however I installed it along with new heads, cam, exhaust, carb, and dist. So I can't give a before and after comparison. I may do some porting before it goes on the 500, I'll post it if I do. Porting makes me nervous... miss one little shaving cleaning up and

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

I want one and a carb spacer but it won't fit under the damned hood of course...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.