Anybody try these before?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Anybody try these before? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Check out these headers. Anyone ever try a set? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...spagenameZWDVW...
    Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Anybody try these before?

Check out these headers. Anyone ever try a set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...spagenameZWDVW

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Re: Anybody try these before?

Are those chromed Sandersons?

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Those appear to be the straight dump "rod style" headers. If you plan to bid on them, make sure they'll fit. Usually this style header dumps right into the cross-member with no room for the exhaust. They were designed to be used on a car with no cross-member behind the engine mounts.
    Those are probably not Sandersons.

The Ape Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe

I can't imagine those headers fitting in a normal Cadillac. I thought one of the ideas behind headers was to have long enough primary pipes to establish flow in one direction and scavenge the cylinders. Those look pretty stubby for that. I am considering a set of something made for BBC with some welded flange adaptors and some of that heat wrap tape to keep the noise and heat down. Free power mods are the only ones I want to use.

BOODER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 ALLANTE,2-72 CPE,71 SEDAN,69 SEDAN,2-69 ELDO,68 ELDO

Ape Man-- What Do You Mean By "free Power Mods" ? What Brand ? Thanks, Booder

Is anyone running headers? Any kind of headers. If so please share what kind and how they are performing and so forth.

I've seen posts here where it is said that you can use headers for a Monte Carlo and weld on the Cadillac flanges. Is this true? Something like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Summi...02243268QQrdZ1

Quote Originally Posted by BOODER
    Ape Man-- What Do You Mean By "free Power Mods" ? What Brand ? Thanks, Booder
    Free power mods means things that will not ruin fuel economy and/or driveability but will make the vehicle accelerate at a faster rate.
    Headers are one example. Another example is fuel injection.

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Those seem like the cheaper SSAutochrome headers offered. Not much of a header, and they are pretty much a cheap copy of the Sanderson headers, which are made to fit the Cad 500, but not in the Cadillac body.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I've seen posts here where it is said that you can use headers for a Monte Carlo and weld on the Cadillac flanges. Is this true? Something like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Summi...02243268QQrdZ1
    You're supposed to get the BBC headers for whatever body your Caddy engine is in and use the Caddy flanges. For RWD Cadillacs Hooker #2455 BBC monte carlo headers are what *should* work, although the primaries are huge on the 2455. The ones in the auction listed above will do better since the primaries are 1.75" but whether or not they'll fit is the question. Somebody try 'em out. MTS also has Deville headers but they're like $300+.

Is anybody running any headers? Ape? Any suggestions? Cad Company offers a couple of custom options ranging from $495.00 to $899.00 depending on what you want. Has anyone actually done the BBC swap? I would like to drop off the headers and the car and have the local shop install along with duals. Ape did you click on the second link and check out those headers?

Is anybody running any headers? Ape? Any suggestions? Cad Company offers a couple of custom options ranging from $495.00 to $899.00 depending on what you want. Has anyone actually done the BBC swap? I would like to drop off the headers and the car and have the local shop install along with duals. Ape did you click on the second link and check out those headers?
    Shawn Gilbert (kwikcad500 on one of the other boards) is running a set of modified Chevy headers in his Deville but I'm not sure which headers he used.

Yup I looked. No headers here. The engine swap is ready to go whenever I get a few days and the exhaust will probably not get modified yet. I have an entire exhaust which will fit anyway and that gives me a good excuse to swap another drum to drum in there too. I'm still waiting someone else out who has actually installed a set of BBC Monte Carlo headers using the Cad flanges. I really want to see if these headers have any bad manners as installed like ruining ground clearance or collectors pointing somewhere that makes it inpossible to finish the exhaust for the street properly. Headers can sometimes be real junk. No way am I paying any more than a couple hundred bux for a pair of BBC headers either. I can always stalk Ebay for someone who has run out of inspiration.

I'm thinking it's gonna have to be custom made for whatever vehicle. That can run into some money because of labor. Unless you know a good exhaust man who is a friend. Willing to do it with you as his trusty helper and whatever beer and materials that are involved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.