Anybody try these before? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Anybody try these before? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I've been trying to get those SS Autochrome headers onto my 472 in my '79 Deville. The passenger side fits, ...
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Anybody try these before?

I've been trying to get those SS Autochrome headers onto my 472 in my '79 Deville. The passenger side fits, but the drivers side needs the forward most pipe to be moved a bit to clear the crossmember. I'll get them to fit with a little work!

The Ape Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe

Have you got any pictures? Which way does the pipe have to go. Would it fit if the flange was thicker? What was the original application for these headers? TIA.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

No, I took them back off until I get some time to cut the one pipe and weld it up with a bend. The front pipe hits at about the middle of it on the crossmember, so it needs to angle back more to clear that.
    I don't think the flange thickness would matter, that seems fine. The original application? I'm not sure, they are just for Cad engines with rear or front crossmembers.

Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm still hoping to hear from someone who has ACTUALLY done the BBC headers conversion that I've seen posted here before.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I'm sure some people on the CB7 board with 500s in various cars have the BBC headers. The idea of using BBC Monte Carlo headers in a Caddy came from the "Four Grand Cadoo" or maybe it was the "Torque Pig" articles that have been floating around.

Found the articles online some good stuff.

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    I'm sure some people on the CB7 board with 500s in various cars have the BBC headers. The idea of using BBC Monte Carlo headers in a Caddy came from the "Four Grand Cadoo" or maybe it was the "Torque Pig" articles that have been floating around.
    I'm not sure if they're still there but there were a couple of those articles posted on this site, in the photo section, in my gallery.

Picked these up on ebay. Missed out on the PCIII intake he had for sale for $250.00. Looks like dual exhaust is next after the headers are installed.

Description This is a set of Cad Co. mid length Ceramic Coated Headers. They have never been installed on an engine. These are designed specifically to the flow characteristics of the 472-500 cadillac engines. New cost for these Ceramic Coated Headers is a littler over $600.

For more information on these Headers go to Cad Co.'s website www.cad500parts.com

Free shipping with Buy it Now!!!!! Otherwise shipping will be actual cost through whoever is cheapest.

See my other auctions for more performance cadillac parts.

Select a picture

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Sasquatch, you got a really good deal on those! $400, with free shipping. They sell for raw from Cad Co. for $479! Amazing!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.