Cadillac Owners Forum banner

gasket for fuel injection throttle body on a 1976 eldorado

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  drmenard 
#1 ·
am looking for the throttle body gasket/heat shield for my 76 Eldorado efi. the old one is in bad shape and so far am not having much luck finding one. any leads or sources will be appreciated. am attaching some pics of the old one. View attachment 198761 View attachment 198769

#5 ·
have looked everywhere I can think of from the parts houses to salvage yards specializing in caddy parts - all with the same results - nothing. I am going to use the old gasket with some permatex high temp gasket sealant and will let ya know how that works.

#6 ·
This thread had me thinking again.. So this is what I did... Took the gasket and took off all the rubber coating. Then took a can of that Flex Seal, like the stuff from TV.. I sprayed like 4 coats of that and it looks about like it was new. But it does not look that even or flat, but I think it could work. What I plan to do to finish it is, spray some PAM or something as a release agent on some glass and put another coat of Flex Seal between two pieces of glass .. I'm thinking this will make a smooth finish. I'll let you know how it works.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.