472/500 Eldebrock intake vs stock - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 472/500 Eldebrock intake vs stock in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I did not remove the AC this car never had it. I bought the car from a man in Washington ...
    Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 472/500 Eldebrock intake vs stock

I did not remove the AC this car never had it. I bought the car from a man in Washington State and had it brought across the country on a car hauler to Florida. I guess they didn't need the air. I may go with some after market air in the future. After all this is a hearse not a drag racer. I'm just looking for a few bolt on improvemnts like intake, headers, and maybe duals without getting into the "guts" of the engine.

Got this in an email from Cad Company
    The PCIII intake looks identical to a regular Edelbrock. All of the modifications are on the inside. I really canít tell you if your air cleaner is too tall because I donít know what air cleaner you have. Your 1411 carb will bolt up to the Edelbrock or PCIII intake without an adapter. The headers and dual exhaust will help more than the intake, and wonít hurt the bottom end at all. The PCIII hurts the bottom end less than the as-is Edelbrock. The 1411 hurts from idle to redline. With Headers, dual exhaust, PCIII intake, and the 1411, you will be maybe 10 Ft-Lbs over stock at 2000 PM and 20-30 HP over stock at 3800. A cam swap and a better carb will make about 30-40 Ft-Lbs over stock at 2000 and 30-40 HP over stock at 3800, plus it will pull to over 4500 instead of falling on its face at 4000 or so. You can change the cam without changing the valves or rockers, but youíll want to change the timing chain while you are there (you should probably change it anyway, because the stock gears are plastic and aluminum and are a maintenance item that is usually neglected).

If you donít want to go inside the engine, and you donít want to replace the carb, the best combination of parts is going to be the PCIII intake and the headers and dual exhaust. There isnít much else you can do beyond intake and exhaust with those restrictions

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

So are you doing headers and dual exhaust?

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

AC has been standard on Caddillacs since... 1961 IIRC?

is it a Caddy hearse? just seems kinda strange...

Colt D is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Deville Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    AC has been standard on Caddillacs since... 1961 IIRC?

is it a Caddy hearse? just seems kinda strange...
    According to my 1968 Shop Manual and 1968 Owner's Manual, it was an option in 1968. The fuel filter used in 1968 was different for A/C cars, as only the A/C cars had the vapor return line. Also, the non A/C cars in 1968 did not have the power steering fluid cooler.

Yes it is a Cadillac. One of only 116 three way loaders made that year by Superior for Cadillac.. AC was an option.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.