Cadillac Owners Forum banner

From 368 EFI to Q-jet

10K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  Cerbera 
#1 ·
OK guys, here’s my question
Will a Q-jet carb (M4ME) bolt on directly on my current EFI intake manifold?
My reason for his question? Allow me to explain :)

My car (83 Seville with 80 368 EFI engine) runs primarily on LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas)
This is mainly done in The Netherlands for financial reasons. Because unleaded fuel runs about 9 dollars per gallon and with a fuel consumption of 15 mpg or way less, not funny.
However our goverment needs money and decided to tax all classic cars running on diesel or LPG between the age of 39 and 25 years old.
In turn this means that a lot (American) classic cars need to converted back to run on unleaded again to avoid this tax. Otherwise I’m looking at 3000 USD a year in road tax. Once again, that’s not funny.

Now I know there’s more in converting the car from EFI to a carb than just that, so if there any tips on that too it would be highly appreciated.
Already thought of fuel pump btw.....

#28 ·
Well everything is fixed now.
The LPG system has been taken out and the inlet manifold and Qjet have been installed and the runs real nice. (seems to shift better as well somehow)
The Qjet did need some modifications as the clearance between the manifold and the throttle lever was too small so if you'd fit the throttle cable the normal way it wouldnt turn fully.
But that was resolved with some grinding and welding.

I did something stupid however with trying to raise the rpm a little when the car is Drive (running too low)
I thought i found the idle valve and turned it just a liitle bit but now the car surges while driving and idling in Park....crap
Did find the correct idle screw later on so will try to get it sorted by next week before the mandatory re-certifcation of the car when you delete the LPG system.

Will try to post some pics later on btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.