Power steering bracket for Cad 500. HELP!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Power steering bracket for Cad 500. HELP!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi Guys, ]I'm new here and was wondering a couple of things. First, how do I change my avatar to ...
    Bluefleety67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1967 Fleetwood Brougham

Question Power steering bracket for Cad 500. HELP!!

Hi Guys,
    ]I'm new here and was wondering a couple of things. First, how do I change my avatar to reflect my ride. then down to the gritty:

I have a 67 Fleetwood that I am swapping the 429 for a 500. Getting all of the 500 brackets has been a bit challenging. but figuring out which is which has been even more. Cadillac's Only in Cali send me some brackets and bolts but didn't label them or tell me what year they came off of. I figured out all the brackets with the help of Chris at the Cad company, but am stuck on the power steering bracket and how to attach it to the pump and engine. I found one on Ebay that looks just like it so I contacted them to see what year it came off of. They said it was off a 1972-1977. I can't figure out to save my life how it attaches to the engine.
    Can anyone see me a photo? Feeling pretty lame!
    this is the bracket.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Ape Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe

Re: Power steering bracket for Cad 500. HELP!!

No easy pics here but if the folowwing makes no sense I can shoot over the weekend.

Bottom most hole in your pictured bracket gets bolt which IIRC fits into the head near the block or actually in the block. Top slot fits over a stud with it's own nut which gets screwed into the block. An additional washer goes on the bracket side of the stud before installation of the pump.

The lefthand slot gets a bolt also but no inside washer.

Bluefleety67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1967 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Power steering bracket for Cad 500. HELP!!

Thanks Ape Man! I kinda have an idea of how the bracket fits to the motor, but am duped at how the pump fits to the bracket.
    A pic would be very good
    Thanks again

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.