EFI to Carb swap ? - 1976 Eldorado - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, EFI to Carb swap ? - 1976 Eldorado in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; The 76-79 EFI book you really want is on EB*Y a lot, like Item number:330668089237. I have a couple spares ...
    BRUCE ROE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

EFI to Carb swap ? - 1976 Eldorado

The 76-79 EFI book you really want is on EB*Y a lot, like Item number:330668089237. I
    have a couple spares too, cover smudged some. I also have seen the 500 ECU listed.
    Though, the 350 ECU can be retuned as a backup (wrong brackets). I should put how to
    do that on my PHOTOBUCKET. Bruce Roe
    Attached Images

davidp1561 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 eldorado convertible

Re: EFI to Carb swap ? - 1976 Eldorado

yes i have ordered the efi diagnostic book. glad for the info tho you guys are great.

f_zechetti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldorado Convertible

Hi, here in Brazil I have a 76 Eldorado EFI and tired of trying to fix the fuel injection source. I installed the FuelTech, which is a programmable fuel injection and had no more problems. All original parts have been exploited and appearance of the engine remained the same. For the 500 engine, the fuel injection models used are the FT 300, FT350 and FT400
    Not cheap, but solved my problems.
    Manufacturer's website http://www.fueltechems.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by f_zechetti View Post
    Hi, here in Brazil I have a 76 Eldorado EFI and tired of trying to fix the fuel injection source. I installed the FuelTech, which is a programmable fuel injection and had no more problems. All original parts have been exploited and appearance of the engine remained the same. For the 500 engine, the fuel injection models used are the FT 300, FT350 and FT400. Not cheap, but solved my problems.
    Manufacturer's website http://www.fueltechems.com/home.html
    Did you use the same injectors at the same pressure? Still bank injection, or change to sequential? The same ignition, or an ECU programmed advance? Did you change the temperature sensors? How long did it take to get everything tuned up? Did you use an OX sensor? Did you change the idle air motor? Is your old ECU available for another Cad owner? Bruce Roe

Quote Originally Posted by BRUCE ROE View Post
    Did you use the same injectors at the same pressure? Still bank injection, or change to sequential? The same ignition, or an ECU programmed advance? Did you change the temperature sensors? How long did it take to get everything tuned up? Did you use an OX sensor? Did you change the idle air motor? Is your old ECU available for another Cad owner? Bruce Roe

Everything remains the original, except for the replacement of TPS, temperature sensor, idle air valve and coil. Hall sensor was adapted in the original distributor (before has a mallory distibuidor was installed but did not work out). The mechanic took about 3 weeks to deliver the car. Yes, I installed the O2 sensor. The original ECU I do not intend to sell. You should also install a Peak and Hold and Spark Pro 1
    Sorry for the delay in answering and the errors in your language.

WP_20140214_005.jpg

WP_20140214_006.jpg

WP_20140214_007.jpg

WP_20140214_008.jpg

WP_20140214_009.jpg

The ECU was installed underneath: Car dashboard and tells you in real time various data such as engine temp, air temp, opening time of the injectors, etc..
    202789022b84d8225c10bd9377e49e86.jpg

There is two other versions with touch screen, the FT 350 which has the same functions of the FT 300 and FT 400 which is the most complete.
    455x342_e0700b155ee526fa3a8dd2f9f605b9e8.jpg
    Attached Images

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like the old wiring was redone for a new computer? That would imply you
    are still using bank injection, not sequential? And a different cold idle air valve? Bruce Roe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.