running without air pump?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, running without air pump? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I got a 368 carbuerated motor and i was wondering what would happen if you run it without an air ...
    cadillac_81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

running without air pump?

I got a 368 carbuerated motor and i was wondering what would happen if you run it without an air pump, cause mines locking up

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

Re: running without air pump?

Taking off the air pump and the rest of the parts on the system won't hurt a thing... Most guys want to get rid of that stuff... But to take off that stuff you will need some non air pump pulleys... They made your pulley system so if you take off the air pump fan belt the alt. will not turn... So what you can do is get a crank pulley and waterpump pulley off a non air pump car . They were on some 76 cars with a 500 and most 77-79 cars with the 425 motor... Find a donor car and get the two pulleys and if you want to neaten it up get the alt brackets off the donor car.. the ones you have will work but the bracket that was made for no air pump looks better...

cadillac_81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the info, i took off the air pump and bought a belt that drives the water pump crank and alternator, the power steering has its own belt and when .i got it, it didnt have a AC compressor. I just install the belt and thats it!!! It runs way better without pulleys. My car is an 81 but the engine and tranny is from a 80, this is the diesel model i have but the engine was swapped and tranny years ago

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.