rebuild books
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, rebuild books in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I'm hoping to start rebuilding my 472 in a few months. I've never done this before so I was hoping ...
    72HearseGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1972 fleetwood hearse

rebuild books

I'm hoping to start rebuilding my 472 in a few months. I've never done this before so I was hoping for some good reading material specifically for these engines. I've seen the big inch book on ebay, but is that good for stock rebuilds? Any other books out there? And I'll take any and all tips from people that have experience. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

Re: rebuild books

If you can find any old High School Atuo Shop publications, sometimes found at yard sales, you will have an excellant guide to engine repair. Some use the Cadillac engine as an example, because Cadillac engines were supposed to have the most exacting specifications used in their engine plants. I have one of these somewhere and if I find it, will give you the details regarding this publication. Another source would be a Cadillac Service Manual, especially the ones published in the mid 1960's. The Service Manuals from this era had more details than later publications.

72HearseGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1972 fleetwood hearse

thanks

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

MTS has a book that tell everything about these Caddy motors.. If your going to rebuild one it will be money well spent..

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

I cannot locate that publication I mentioned before, I may have "loaned" it out to someone who did not think I needed it again. Happens a lot to me. I once "loaned" someone a coil tester I never saw again also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.