Coolant Temp sensor , no partnr findable
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Coolant Temp sensor , no partnr findable in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Good evening all Caddy lovers! Dont know for sure ,if this is the right forum to post this engine related ...
    notease is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac De Ville Stretched 1980

Coolant Temp sensor , no partnr findable

Good evening all Caddy lovers!

Dont know for sure ,if this is the right forum to post this engine related question ?
    I recently bought a Caddy DeVille 1980 Strecht Limo vehicle,
    On the front of the 368 6.0L Carb. engine is de the coolant temp sensor/coolant switch,
    with 3 wires (brown,green,blue), 1 goes to the dash i assume for the Engine Temp Light and 2 to some kind of chip/ecu
    for hot/cold running regoc.
    The sensor wires are hard wired to the sensor, so the new sensor does have to have the 3 wires and a pigtail connector on it.
    But the people here in The Netherlands cannot find the right partnr for it, i so do i.
    It and the manuals only come up with a 1 wire/connector coolant sensor for 1980 year. But it does def. 3 wires.
    Anyone got a clue and a partnr. ?

Greetings out of cloudy Holland

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

Re: Coolant Temp sensor , no partnr findable

You are not getting too much help here.. I am not up on the 1980 system... I know everything about the 81's.... If you could post some pictures and tell us what has gone wrong maybe we can help..

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Quote Originally Posted by notease View Post
    Good evening all Caddy lovers!

Dont know for sure ,if this is the right forum to post this engine related question ?
    I recently bought a Caddy DeVille 1980 Strecht Limo vehicle,
    On the front of the 368 6.0L Carb. engine is de the coolant temp sensor/coolant switch,
    with 3 wires (brown,green,blue), 1 goes to the dash i assume for the Engine Temp Light and 2 to some kind of chip/ecu
    for hot/cold running regoc.
    The sensor wires are hard wired to the sensor, so the new sensor does have to have the 3 wires and a pigtail connector on it.
    But the people here in The Netherlands cannot find the right partnr for it, i so do i.
    It and the manuals only come up with a 1 wire/connector coolant sensor for 1980 year. But it does def. 3 wires.
    Anyone got a clue and a partnr. ?

Greetings out of cloudy Holland
    It's dark outside now, but I will look at my 80 cdv. tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by drmenard View Post
    You are not getting too much help here.. I am not up on the 1980 system... I know everything about the 81's.... If you could post some pictures and tell us what has gone wrong maybe we can help..
    Wouldn't an 81 basically be the same except for the 8-6-4?

I looked at my 80-368 and I will need a better description of location of this sensor, I cant see anything thats obvious, is it on vertical or horizonatal part of engine,
    what is it close to?.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.