500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 1969 - 472 ci gasoline required in Cadillac Engine Discussion; What gasoline was originally required in the 1969 - 472 CI engine . Was it hi oct. leaded or unleaded ...
- 08-14-11 02:43 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): none
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
1969 - 472 ci gasoline required
What gasoline was originally required in the 1969 - 472 CI engine . Was it hi oct. leaded or unleaded ?
- 08-15-11 12:32 AM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville
- Join Date
- May 2003
Re: 1969 - 472 ci gasoline required
In 1969 most all gas was leaded.. I remember that AMACO was low lead..So it called for leaded gas..And being a high compression engine it needed HI test...These motors can be tuned to run on 93 octane.. No need for any additives...
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA - Halogen Bulb
Halogen Bulb - 9003 SilverStar ULTRA Headlight Bulb, 2 pack
- Tub O' Towels - Solution Soaked Scrubbing Towels
Solution Soaked Scrubbing Towels - Each Towel Is 10 X 12 Inches; 90 Count