Regarding 1968 Cadillac Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Regarding 1968 Cadillac Deville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey guys, Well it looks like my next project is going to be a 68 Cadillac DeVille. Curious about the ...
    artistwantab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Deville

Regarding 1968 Cadillac Deville

Hey guys,

Well it looks like my next project is going to be a 68 Cadillac DeVille.

Curious about the engine upgrades if I plan to go away from the 472.

I see lots of people are going with the 500cc but has anyone put a Escalade Vortec motor in one.

Right now I am focused on the exterior look that I want to get but figured I would do some ground work on the engine.

Will post photos as the project develops.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

artistwantab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Deville

Re: Regarding 1968 Cadillac Deville

I probably didn't exactly introduce myself properly.

I am new to the Cadillac world. I came across a 68 DeVille and absolutely fell in love with the lines of the car and look.

I have restored/modified a number of cars in my life.

1955 VW Right-Hand Drive Bug
    1966 Ford Mustang
    1972 Ford Bronco
    1972 Chevy Blazor

Most I sold when I got bored and then my life went in another direction and I haven't restored/modified a car in nearly 10 years.

When I came across the DeVille I realized that car would fit my life style so well and I LOVED the lines that I decided to finally build a car for myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Had a 472 in a 69 sedan deville years ago.
    I loved that car
    The motor got 17mpg religiously.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/500-472-425-368/

sheryarsb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 68 cadillac deville

Hi

I am in exactly in the same position here, half way through to restoring my 68 deville coupe, I have just finished carburetor rebuild and some panel work, but am now stuck with the whole of vacuum system, basically this car was in storage and for some reason, someone pulled most of the pipes/ducts out and later tried to reinstalled these ending up with mixing it all up, so the emergency brake does not release and ac does not work. I have the manuals but really need visual, is there any chance you could post some pictures of your caddy's duct fittings, I am really desperate to find out duct fittings to engine block. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.