500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, another easy question in Cadillac Engine Discussion; broke my starter on 79 425. is the cad starters cad only or do the use a common starter with ...
- 06-08-11 02:06 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Crivitz, Wisconsin, United Sta
another easy question
broke my starter on 79 425. is the cad starters cad only or do the use a common starter with any chev? jw bc i was told the starter i pulled was the same as sbc car? thanks
- 06-08-11 09:08 PM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville
- Join Date
- May 2003
Re: another easy question
the starters are not the same... The chevy bendix gear is sticks out about 1/8" and most of the time rubs on the flex plate.. Your better off getting the right starter than trying to make the chevy work.. But guys have made them work...
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Dual Audio - 600W Amp
600W Amp - 2 Channel 600W AmplifierMore on Dual Audio - 600W Amp
- Power Service Products Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost - Diesel Fuel Treatment
Diesel Fuel Treatment - 1:400 Treatment Ratio; Treats Up To 40 Gallons; 16 Oz.
- Mechanix Wear Original - Original Covert Glove
Original Covert Glove - Original Series Glove Medium Covert/All Black