425 in a 93 fleetwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 425 in a 93 fleetwood in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I have a 93 fleetwood that runs ok...Im doing a frame off rebuild on it and doing some major changes ...
    norcal707 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

425 in a 93 fleetwood

I have a 93 fleetwood that runs ok...Im doing a frame off rebuild on it and doing some major changes to the body...ive been wanting to to do somethin different for an engine swap..thought about a 2000 chevy v8 fuel injected...but no i wanna put in a 472 or 500 but the 425 is whats most available at the wrecking yards...can any one tell me what problems i will run into in this swap? i know the 77-96 frames are the same

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood

Re: 425 in a 93 fleetwood

I would look to buy a donnor car.. A 77to 79 full size RWD car.. this will have just about all the parts you will need to go to a caddy motor...If I was going to go through all the trouble of doing a motor swap it would be a 472 or 500... A 94-96 crossmember will make dual exhaust eazy...You will need a th400 if you go with a big caddy motor... thats all stuff in a donnor car..

norcal707 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Im hoping to get a 472 or 500 thats what i want but whats more available is the 425 at my local pick n pull....Hopefully when im ready to pull the engine there is a 472 or 500 there but if not i will get the 425...i dont see any real problems with mounting it as the 77-79 frame is the same as a 93....i will however be getting the transmission with it....Anyone here know where i can get the rochester carb rebuilt?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

bicentennialcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '76 Fleetwood Brougham, '79 Sedan deVille

You can do a mild 425 for less money than a mild 500, primarily because 425 motors can be had for a song. A good cam, worked over heads, rebuilt Q-Jet, dual exhaust, 500 manifolds, and a worked over 500 intake would do wonders for a 425.

At the extreme end, 425 is no match for 500. But for a driver, it makes a lot of sense - especially in your case, where you have easy access to a donor car. There is a significant cost/effort penalty over throwing in another Chebby, but the SBC can't match the BB Cads for smoothness.

These guys did my Q-Jet. Give them your specs and intentions, and they'll rebuild your carb to suit. Ballpark cost is $250.

http://www.customcarbs.com/

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 Fleetwood FWD

Which engine is in your Fleetwood? I have that car with a 5.7 Chevy in it, which seem to haul it around very well. It has the trailer package, with a 3.73 rear end, so it like gas quite well.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.