500 Heater hose connections
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 500 Heater hose connections in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello everyone...Just picked up a 73 500 and TH400 combo for my upcoming Rat Rod 37 Chevy Truck project....Been a ...
    CadillRAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

500 Heater hose connections

Hello everyone...Just picked up a 73 500 and TH400 combo for my upcoming Rat Rod 37 Chevy Truck project....Been a Big Block chevy man for years...Figured it was time to try something different and a bigg 500 CI Caddy motor fit the ticket!!!

I'm sure to have multiple questions as my project progresses..but let start with this one!!!

This engine I just got was a running one that I didn't pull from the car..so really didn't get to see where some of the hose connections go to.

I do not plan on running a heater core in this project but can't seem to figure where the heater hose connection are on this block. It looks as if one connection may have been coming off the back of the passenger side head...but can't seem to figure where the other connection is.

Also..across the front of the block there is a tube that connects to both cylinder heads with some type of hose connection (maybe 5/8")..What is that for?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

Re: 500 Heater hose connections

The heater hoses were , one from the back of the pass. head and the other was eather to the radiator or the block above the water pump near the thermostat...the tube thats going to the from the front of the heads was for the AIR pump... Most guys take off the air pump and plug the holes , dimes work...most everybody I know uses a HIE distrubtor ... by using 425 pullies off a 77-79 non Cal caddy , lets a HIE distrubtor and non air pump set-up work.Check out MTS.. they have everything you need for these motors..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.