500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, carburetor for 68 deville (472) in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I'm having some problems with the carb on my 68 deville and either need to rebuild it or get a ...
- 07-18-10 10:23 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1968 Coup DeVille convertible and 2005 CTS
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
carburetor for 68 deville (472)
I'm having some problems with the carb on my 68 deville and either need to rebuild it or get a new/rebuilt one. Does anyone have any sources for me to find a new/rebuilt one and/or an opinion whether I should rebuild or buy one?? Thanks!
- 07-18-10 11:01 AM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Western Massachusetts
Re: carburetor for 68 deville (472)
You can rebuild yours, if you have a Service Manual or a good reference manual. It also helps if you are familiar with the practice. There are some things about this carb which aren't general carb problems, like possibly leaking passage wells.
Before you jump into a carb rebuild, ensure your problem isn't something else. Vacuum signals on these cars hold the key to proper running conditions. Check your dashpots and your centrifical advance on your distributor. All this is covered somewhere within these treads. Take a stroll through threads and you may find some answers/
- 07-18-10 11:16 AM #3
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Car-Freshner Little Trees - Air Freshener
Air Freshener - Strength; Confident 'n True; 3 Pak
- Mechanix Wear - Wind Resistant Winter Glove
Wind Resistant Winter Glove - Wind Resistnt; X-Large
- Signature Products Group Mossy Oak - Universal Seat Cover
Universal Seat Cover - Universal