86 fleetwood 307 to 472 swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 86 fleetwood 307 to 472 swap in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Can some one who has done this or a similar swap please get ahold of me through this website or ...
    86fleetwood541 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance

Talking 86 fleetwood 307 to 472 swap

Can some one who has done this or a similar swap please get ahold of me through this website or my e-mail at gregisem70@yahoo.com I am looking to do this swap next month and could really use some in-put on if thix is the right thing to be getting myself into with a budget of only 3k all help is much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deVille33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)

Re: 86 fleetwood 307 to 472 swap

If you want to do some digging, you will find that this subject has been thrown around here before. It can be done, but you have to concider the weak link. Your transmission wasn't engineered to hold up to all the torque of the 472.

86fleetwood541 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance

Re: 86 fleetwood 307 to 472 swap

ive considered all this and read many of the posts here considering this I was just searching for some one who had actualy done this swap not just people tossing ideas around so I could get specifics from an actual person not just a company who would sell me the required parts, Iveconsidered the swap on my budget and thanks to some one who contactd me have decided not to do the swap and to try and sell my 86 fleetwood for 600 needing a battery and buy a 70's cadillac in my 3400 dollar budget range so thank you for your input but mod should just pull this thread or some one tell me how i can pull it or introduce me to my new 70's lac around oregon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.