twilight sentinel amplifier connection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, twilight sentinel amplifier connection in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Other wise know as headlight relay Can not seem to find one for a 1969 Cadillac. All models with twilight ...
    hardley-etc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC 78 Eldo 69 Eldo

twilight sentinel amplifier connection

Other wise know as headlight relay

Can not seem to find one for a 1969 Cadillac. All models with twilight sentinel will work. It has a 9 wire connection.

Comparing the wiring diagrams from a 1969 cadillac eldorado
    and 1985 and earlier cadillac (not seville) it appears they are the same i.e. hooked up to the same components with the twilight sentinel system.

Had dealer call GM and they will not list anything back that far to get the part number, so I could try and cross reference it. Matter of fact they won't list any part numbers back past about 1985.

No parts stores list any headlight relays for the twilight sentinel system,
    not that I even need the twilight sentinel system to work. I can pull the switch on and off by myself.

Does anyone know what the internals of the relay are? I could just get a generic relay and hook it up and by pass the e-eye sensor part.

Could possibly get one from a salvage yard, maybe.

Not sure if this is a part that any of the regular Cadillac sites might have.

Anybody have any leads? This switch is on the floor, beside the foot dimmer switch.

number on the part says
    guide 5962148
    which is probably a manufac. number not the GM part number

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

Re: twilight sentinel amplifier connection

I have two styles.. but I think they both work the same.. both are in milkey white boxes... they both have the same terminal plug with 12 posts.... they all say "do not repair"... I would still repair them if I could...what about the blue photocell in the dash? could that be your problem?

BRUCE ROE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

The units from those years are definitely repairable. Bruce Roe COC # 14630

hardley-etc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC 78 Eldo 69 Eldo

The problem is the high beams will not work unless I jump two over two of the posts.

I do not use the old twilight sentinel switch that is part of the headlight switch on the dash. Just pull the light knob on and use the dimmer switch on floor, to operate the high low beams.

As for the photocell eye, I have no idea if is operable.

The part is about 2-inches long. I am not sure of the internals, but there are 10 posts and only 9 wires going to it. So maybe the unused post is like a "spare" or maybe not operable at all?

So you think it is repairable.

I will get my mechanic to get it off the floor and we will examine it.

thanks all

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.