Fellow 368 6.0 motor guys - i need your help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Fellow 368 6.0 motor guys - i need your help! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I recently acquired a beautiful 1980 Eldorado- the 6.0 engine was all taken apart and I have been scratching my ...
    jg123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 eldorado

Fellow 368 6.0 motor guys - i need your help!

I recently acquired a beautiful 1980 Eldorado- the 6.0 engine was all taken apart and I have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out how to put all the different brackets & pumps back on. I have the book and have been searching on the web but they only have pictures of the engine bay from far away so I cant really see how everything bolts on - If anyone with this motor has any pics of the engine bay or any diagrams that they could post up here it would be awesome and help me out a whole lot! Thanks in advance & God Bless!

JG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: Fellow 368 6.0 motor guys - i need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
    I recently acquired a beautiful 1980 Eldorado- the 6.0 engine was all taken apart and I have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out how to put all the different brackets & pumps back on. I have the book and have been searching on the web but they only have pictures of the engine bay from far away so I cant really see how everything bolts on - If anyone with this motor has any pics of the engine bay or any diagrams that they could post up here it would be awesome and help me out a whole lot! Thanks in advance & God Bless!

JG
    hey, would it be the same for a coupe deville with the same engine? I got diagrams at home in my service manual and of course I can take pics of my engine. Hopefully there are the same as far as brackets and stuff. I'll get to ya on this tomorrow. Thanks
    PS it should have diagrams of this engine in an El Dorado in my service manual.

SafariOne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe m

Hey jg what book do you have ??? Is it the factory service manual or a chiltons/motors type manual?? I have all the fsm's for the 368.

jg123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by SafariOne View Post
    Hey jg what book do you have ??? Is it the factory service manual or a chiltons/motors type manual?? I have all the fsm's for the 368.
    its the haynes General Motors Automotive Repair Manual : Cadillac Eldorado 1971-85 and Seville 1980-85, Oldsmobile Toronado 1971-85, Buick Riviera 1979-85 ----- this book doesnt really help me any - I need some visuals to figure out how to put everything on there --- 1980coupe i dont know if its the same as a coupe deville i would figure not since the book I have doesnt include anything for the devilles - thanks for your help so far guys - hopefully one of you can post some good pics or diagrams )
    really dont want to have to pay a mechanic an arm and a leg - if i could see how everything goes on there - I know i could put all those pumps on myself
    help me out guys Im in a bind here! hope to hear from one of you soon- God Bless

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.