Anyone purchase stuff from these guys?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Anyone purchase stuff from these guys? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Cad Company...? I can not get over how incredibly rude they were to me on the phone. I had a ...
    JTraik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '68 DeVille '95 FWB '99 Eldo '96 Cummins Ram 5MT

Anyone purchase stuff from these guys?

Cad Company...?

I can not get over how incredibly rude they were to me on the phone. I had a simple question which was immediatley met with a little chuckle and a comment something to the effect of implying that I was a total idiot for asking that.... the conversation continued with them asking me about semi-relevant information and then brashly correcting me if I said something that was slightly incorrect (simply because I did not know, which is why I was calling in the first place). Apparently he had enough of my stupid questions and said, "well it looks like your going to have to..... " there was a pause, I could still hear workers in the background and then CLICK! He just hung up on me! Not only that but he had the gall to personally slander people over at MTS... this was after I mentioned some of the relevant parts came from there... saying how they don't know what they're doing over there, blah blah... "We are the the only ones who know BB Cad performance"...

I had this issue with them the last time a called which was a few years back... always this matter-of-fact, your-a-dumbsh*t attitude with them. I never even gave them a sour tone at all... just sincere questions. I will never even consider those a**holes for anything ever again. Stay away from those pricks!

I hope some of them read this because they lost a customer forever... and you better believe I will be spreading the word to other enthusiasts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jk1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Anyone purchase stuff from these guys?

Thanks for the information. They must be really stupid to PO customers in this weak economy. Perhaps we will be laughing one day when they go out of business.

I say, don't do business with people who have attitudes, poor service, bad parts, or those who don't stand behind their warranties.

Angry Matt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme

I've always wanted to order something from there, just to see how the quality is, but I always end up at MTS. Guess I don't have to wonder anymore. Never had a problem with MTS, so much for Cad Co.

Thanks for the tip.

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

There have been many people building motors that were not happy with Cad Co. they had some problems with some of there parts and stuck people with them and would repair or make good on them...But I have heard that they now have fixed those parts...If I need a part , I would not hesitate to call Marty at MTS...

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

That sucks, I was just looking at their stuff a few minutes ago. I have talked to MTS before, they actually returned my call after I left a message. I was just asking what they think about TBI and the guy there just seemed to be happy talking about motors in general. Didnt even try to sell me a product, I just dont like all the PDFs on the website because my new computer cant read them.

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 Fleetwood FWD

I bought quite a few parts from the Cad co, and the only problem was a dipstick tube that was bent when it arrived. They sent me another free. Maybe you talked to a different person than I usually do. When I call again, I'll ask them what's with the attitude on the phone. No excuse for rudeness to customers.

yorfate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Cadillac FltSuperior Sovereign Hearse, 2003 Deville DTS

I'll admit ive dropped $1400 on hi-po goodies. Before hand, they really filled me in on a lotta tech. I mean mad-scientist grade info. Ive had missing parts from orders, but they never hesitated to ship them out, and even rush shipped them. Ive spoke with 'court @ CadCo personally too. Im sure theres some grudges between potter, Cadco, & MTS.

72coupethang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1972 cadillac coupe 472
    Just ordered fuel pump block off plate... Worked excellent and was only place I found it on net...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.