Engine Replacement Advice Needed!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Engine Replacement Advice Needed! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hey guys ive got a 65 sedan deville that i recently purchased. Unfortunetly the guy i bought it from put ...
    Bagged65Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965 Cadillac Deville

Engine Replacement Advice Needed!

hey guys ive got a 65 sedan deville that i recently purchased. Unfortunetly the guy i bought it from put in a rebuilt 425 motor and got rid of the 429. The 425 in my opinion doesnt have the power to pull this heavy car. So i want to swap in either a 472 or 500..but my question is will either of those engines fit without lots of modifications? simple drop? Any advice is greatly appreciated..Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BRUCE ROE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

Re: Engine Replacement Advice Needed!

If it already has a 425, all the hard work is done. Changing to a 472 or 500 is a simple bolt in.

What transmission ID plate do you have? Bruce Roe CLC # 14630

Bagged65Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965 Cadillac Deville

im not sure...how can i find out what transmission id plate i have? Thanks

BRUCE ROE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

The trans ID isn't critical, I just wondered how the different engine pattern was done. The plate is on the right rear side of the trans. Bruce Roe CLC # 14630

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.