Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: hot header pipes and stock manifolds

ssrodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4

hot header pipes and stock manifolds

I have a 75 500 in a 46 Caddy. It has an Edelbrock intake, a quadrajet from a 425 to be able to use the electric choke, 260 degree Comp cam with stock 500 exhaust manifolds. Even after insulating the floor, the floor boards get warm. I have installed high temperature header wrap on the header pipes and used a heat gun to check the temperatures of the pipes. I am getting a reading of almost 400 degrees on the pipes and higher on stock exhaust manifolds. What could be causing such high temperatures. Is my carb running too lean?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood

Re: hot header pipes and stock manifolds

ON my 472 the exhaust manifolds are over 400 degrees, so I think you are ok... But I love my PLX wide band to let me know my air fuel ratio... so for about $250 there is no guessing... they make a lot of fancy things... but there cheapest one works great...