which headers?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, which headers? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a '77 caddy hearse with a 425. i want to go with dual 2.5" pipes though Magna Flows ...
    Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

which headers?

I have a '77 caddy hearse with a 425. i want to go with dual 2.5" pipes though Magna Flows out to the back with flame throwers. but I have no idea which headers to go with. it looks tighter on the passenger side than the drivers. I'd like tri-Ys but whatever best fits ill go with. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Dead Sled......Welcome to the board!!
    There aren't alot of choices in headers for these motors. Check with the vendors listed below........they might have something that will fit your car.
    Cad Company
    Maximum Torque Specialties (MTS)
    They both have lots of good info on their sites.
    The only "header manufacturer", that I know of, that mass produces a BB Cadillac header is Sanderson but I don't think they will work with your car.

Good Luck

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    Are they the only players in the Big Cad market?

ive seen adaptors to fit BBC headers to Cad heads. would this be an option? Clearance still concerns me though. I dont want to beat the tubes like a red headed step child to make them fit. I dont have the resources to buy and try a set of headers one by one till i find one that fits eiter. Thanks

Are they the only players in the Big Cad market?
    Yep.....at least that I've heard about. Kinda sucks that there's not more options for parts and suppliers but I've heard good things about both of these suppliers.
    ive seen adaptors to fit BBC headers to Cad heads. would this be an option?
    yeah.......both the Cad Company and MTS carry header flanges for the Cadillac BB(you can find them on eBay to but I don't know the quality of those......just do a search on eBay for "Cadillac 500").
    As far as I know, the 425 bolt pattern is the same as the 472/500(?).
    I'm still not sure if I'm gunna go with headers in my truck or just use the stock manifolds.
    Hope this info helps.

Vern is offline Banned
    There is also Potters but there website is down I think for a revamp. I am told he recently sold off part of his business. He developed & marketed several parts for the big Cad including a tunnel ram intake, a crank scraper, some race grind cams, a girdle and is suppossedly developing a complete super charger system. Also there was/is an outfit called Rad Cad. If memory serves me they are associated with Air Ride Technologies or something. I believe they also sell some Cad parts and I think they developed the high end rebuildable fluid damper/balancer that MTS sells. Northern Automotive is a discount mail order place that sells complete rebuild kits for the Cad & has good prices. PAW & others sell rebuild kits but you have to know exactly what you want especially if you are doing something above a stock rebuild. Rocker Arm Specialties also builds a shaft rocker arm systems for the big Cads. I believe at least one of the two MTS markets is or is a derivative of a Rocker Arm specialties unit.

Vern......Thanks for the info.
    I've heard of Potters but didn't know if they were still around.
    Do you know if the 425 header bolt pattern is the same as the 472/500?

Sanderson or Potters have a website? i searched but with no luck.
    looks like the rear dump shorties are going to be the only thing that will fit because of the offset of the engine between the frame rails. mabey when some one surprises me with a 472/500 i can re adjust the steering linkage and put the motor back where it should be. lol

Dead Sled........Below is the link to the Sanderson page.
    I believe MTS sells the Sanderson header too but I don't know their price.....it's on their site though.
    Sanderson Cadillac Header

Thanks for the info when i get more free time im goina have to give MTS a call and see what they sugest. I might just get the pipes put on then save up for headers.

scoutkid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    my handy 'cad company by flashcraft' performance parts catalog shows block huggers for $349 or $499 for coated, and mid length for $449 or $575 coated. sanderson's price right now for blockhuggers is $285 and $435 coated, they don't have mid length. HTH

btw, im just about to order my blockhuggers, for $285 from sanderson, they make an AWESOME header

I guess I'll just have to order a set og block huggers and hope they fit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.