Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fuel filter for the 1968 Caddy

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  caddydaddy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a 1968 DeVille (with AC) and trying to find a find a fuel filter for this model seems extremely hard. You sometimes see them for sale on EBay.
Anyone who knows if they make them these days ?
The thing about this fuel filter is that it has a return-line to the gas tank
so when using a modern universal filter one has to plug this return-line and I don´t know if this affects the fuel delivery, vapor and so on ?

Kind regards from Sweden.

Stefan

#2 ·
Does your car just have the filter on the inlet side of the carburetor? I thought that's how all the Q-jet cars were? If so, I'd remove that filter, then just splice in a regular low pressure fuel filter in the line.
And the return line you are talking about. Is that the vapor return line from the charcoal canister? If so, the fuel filter line won't affect that.

#3 ·
Hello again,

Well, it seems that the 1968 DeVille with AC has a unique fuel filter with the vapor return line directly from the filter.
It´s not an inlet-kind filter but a pretty large external filter on the line like 2inches "after" the fuel pump.
Anyway - I got some advice on where to get it yesterday so I will try that today.
Thanx anyhow !

Kind regards from Sweden.

Stefan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.