What now? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, What now? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; http://www.psychosasquatch.com/Sasquatch-Sighting.html Here's a picture of me and my hearse right after I got it going....
    Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What now?

http://www.psychosasquatch.com/Sasquatch-Sighting.html Here's a picture of me and my hearse right after I got it going.

MMNineInchNails is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Now that I don't have to spend the money for a new engine wonder if I can talk my wife into headers, dual exhaust and flowmasters? Check out these headers. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2470952603 Will they work? What do you think? How about these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2471242386 Thanks again for everyone's help and input. I think we can put this one in the history books. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer. I'll change that oil one more time in about a week. I'll send pictures.
    Both those headers are the same thing. They're both block huggers. They just go straight down and not back like regular headers. They just shoot straight down to the ground.

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thumbs up Re: What now?

Good deal!!!! Glad it wasn't anything more serious.
    About those headers.....read this thread.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=10489

BTW.....I'm green with envy......I'd love to have a hearse side-loader......especially a '68, '69 or '70. Very cool car.

Sasquatch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

lux hauler checked the thread you recomended. So you're not in favor of headers? You thinking duals but stock manifold? Could be. Just asking around to see what people think. I come from the old school where headers were the "thing". Thanks for the compliment on the car. Going through it bit by bit. Today I removed the hydraulic pump for the leveling system. It had some pulley issues and it never quite lined up right. So I'm drilling some new holes in the mounting platform. Knew it needed to be done so today was the day. They used the second slot on the power steering pump pulley to drive it. When I add AC later that pulley slot is needed for the compressor so will have to figure something out. Maybe longer belt as long as I can get everything to line up. This is factory installed by Superior Coach who built these for Cadillac. It is a hydraulic system that allows you to shift the or level left and right so if you were on uneven ground at a grave site that the car could be leveled for casket removal. According to Superior this is one of only 116 that they manufactured. It is called a three way loader because there is an electric table inside and if you open the suicide doors and release the lever the table moves forward, turns, and comes out of the side of the car with the casket on it. You can see the coffin behind me in the picture. It's black so it's a little tuff to see.

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hmmmm.....I somehow missed your last post.

I'm not against headers. They can definitely help to make HP but on a stock or very mild motor being driven on the street as a daily driver they can be more hassle than they're worth. Exhaust manifolds require little (if any) maintenance. If you don't mind the extra maintenance, I say go for it.
    I have a set of Hooker Comps that I'll have to modify for my truck. When I get them cut and welded to fit, I'll send them out to be coated. That way I won't have to worry about the rust issue. They'll go on eventually but I'll use the manifolds for the time being.
    Remember, the carb may need a little adjustment after the freer-flowing exhaust is installed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.