Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Changing Radiator

Changing Radiator

I would like to change my radiator from the stock 3 row to a 4 row. The problem I'm having is locating the upper and lower mounting brackets for the 4 row. On the 3 row the tanks are 2" and on the 4 row the tanks are 2 1/2" so the stock mounting brackets won't work. Any ideas? What year and model Caddy came with a 4 row radiator maybe I could find the brackets in a junk yard and go with brand new radiator? Thanks.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 03-23-04 at 04:52 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Changing Radiator

I believe the 425's ( '77-'79) came with a 4 row. If you have trouble locating one in the yards, go to a radiator shop for a new one. Someone else on this board just had trouble at one of the major parts chain stores trying to get a new 4 row.

I've found the radiator it's the mounts I'm having trouble with.

Take a look at the 425 brackets. may have to weld a little metal along the bottom and top to reach in a bit further. Just watch your fan clearance. Hose length may be slightly different, but nothing a little cutting won't cure.Worst comes to worst, fabricate some brackets from hard rubber. By the way, the 425's were in '77-'79 DeVilles.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

I remember you saying you had a fixed fan. I'm guessing your car does not have A/C. Try and find an A/C equipped car, and grab some of the coooling goodies off of that. I know they had clutch fans, and I think they had 4 row radiators.