Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Last minute....hurry...Is this carb a good buy?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  My_favorite_Brougham 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You need to look for a E4MC carb, 90% if not 100% all had Olds fuel inlet. Olds 307's aren't happy with electric choke. So avoid E4ME's. I know, everyone likes them, I have done experience with both on my carb, and the hot air choke is best.

#6 ·
You can find an electronic carb on other 307 equipped cars as well, if you have a local wrecking yard available. Of course, you can count on rebuilding them, but at least it's a source of finding a factory carb instead of a mass-rebuilder special.
Electronic carbs are no worse than monkeying around with any electronic components/sensors on a vehicle. I rebuilt the original one on my FWB, set it to factory specs per the service manual, and it works fine. Of course my preference would be a non-electronic version, but I can live with this one.

#7 ·
I don't feel there is any tricks to the E4M series vs the 4M or M4 series. Just some unique adjustments that you don't have on the 4M/M4....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.