EGRrrrg...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, EGRrrrg... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Yesterday I ordered an EGR valve from Advance Auto Parts for a measly $50. I went to pick it up ...
    DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

EGRrrrg...

Yesterday I ordered an EGR valve from Advance Auto Parts for a measly $50. I went to pick it up this morning and the......thing.....I found in the box looked nothing like the picture of an EGR valve they showed me, nor did it look anything like the original one I had placed on the counter. Now I knew full well I was buying a cheap piece but it came with a 1 year warranty and was guarenteed to fit and work on my car. Pretty big guarentee for something with a PLASTIC BASE!!!

Yeah, you heard me.. ****in' plastic base.... "No it's fine, it's being bolted to an engine block, plastic doesn't MELT!!"

Anyway... After standing at the counter watching this guy insult my intelligence I just said I didn't want the thing and got my money back. I drove to Auto Zone and feeling like a drug dealer, I asked to SEE their stuff first and sure enough, looked perfect, matched what was in my hand. I decided to get it for the $72.99 it was listed for. As he's ringing me up I feel around my left ass cheek and find my wallet missing. I expressed my frustration in the most natural way I know......

I asked the kid behind the counter who was now shaking after I had walked in originally frustrated and flung an EGR valve on the counter, to hold the thing and I'd be back. Drove 20 minutes home and 20 minutes back, paid for the thing now happy as a clam but still pissed that now because of idiocy on both my end and Advance Auto's end I don't have time to throw it on the car so I left straight from there to work. That and I'm dealing with the discomfort of two, yes TWO infected piercings....

Here I am, back at work, first day back from my vacation last week, you all know what that mentality is like..... Anyway, there's my rant. I'll toss the thing on tomorrow morning or maybe even at 2 AM when I get home tonight, we'll see how energetic I am, wish me luck.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldorado99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: EGRrrrg...

Good luck! I hope the EGR goes on smoothly, at least its not a pain to install.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Re: EGRrrrg...

Here's a question..... Today I put on my new EGR and took the car out and it's accelerating weird. When you first start moving it feels like the car is being held back, it's weird. It might be because I haven't driven the car in over 10 days and I'm not used to it anymore and maybe it's just my imagination, or the new EGR valve is messing up the acceleration somehow, I dunno. Thoughts?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.