93 fleetwood surges
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, 93 fleetwood surges in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; well its got me stumped it surges when im at a redlight or stop like a fuel problem .....have done ...
    bigmikelilmike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 fleetwood 76 coup

93 fleetwood surges

well its got me stumped it surges when im at a redlight or stop like a fuel problem .....have done complete tune up and replaced just about every sensor ...new fuel filter .....rebuilt the fuel pressure regulator ....been running 93 gas ......several injector cleaners ....looks like both injectors good both spraying a faned out pattern .....any suggestions guys ...almost 97000 miles thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 93 fleetwood surges

EGR flow leaking?? That would do it for sure.

Check that the EGR valve isn't sticking open, or a vacuum hose misrouted to it.

well egr valve is new ac delco part .........its puzzling me .........sometimes its surges at a light sometimes it misses .......almost every sensor replaced .......no engine light on ......any other ideas guys

caddydream is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have you replaced the MAP sensor?

yes i replaced the map sensor,egr valve ,coolant temp sensor, tps sensor, iac , plugs, wires, cap , rotor , fuel filter,pcv,breather filter ....got me stumped

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

In general I have only seen 2 things be causes for surging. EGR, which really ties into the #1, lean fuel mixture.

I did get it to surge with DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cutoff), but that was something else.

Is TPS set correctly? Is timing set correctly?

Is the IAC causing it? Watch it when it is surging, is it the CAUSE or just trying to keep up and fix it? Ultimately probably making it worse.

Check fuel pressure, is filter and pump ok?

i already checked the timing its good ...iac is new tps is new when i changed the tps i just put it back how it was is there sumthing special i need to do ...thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.