1992 fleetwood brougham 5.7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, 1992 fleetwood brougham 5.7 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; my car misses and wants to stale while i am at the light, the service engine soon light turns on. ...
    92lacfleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1992 fleetwood brougham 5.7

my car misses and wants to stale while i am at the light, the service engine soon light turns on. the trouble codes is 112 which is pcm prom eprom error. can anyone help i have no clue where to start fixing this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 1992 fleetwood brougham 5.7

Is the PROM seated properly?

Has it been messed with?

If you aren't static saavy, remove the PCM and take to a computer store or to someone who you know has a static wrist strap. You don't wanna fry it. Static is very high in my area right now. I zap almost everything....

92lacfleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 1992 fleetwood brougham 5.7

I wish I can answer the question if the PROM has been messed with but I can't. I bought the car a few months ago from the original owner and ever sine then, the OBD shoots out that code 112 and the code 132 which is Knock Sensor Circuitary Failure. Where is the PROM located and what would be your best suggestion of what I should do.
    thanks charlie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.