Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: idle problem

fleetwoodman12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 fleetwood
    Hagerstown MD

idle problem

On my 96 fleetwood whenever i stop at a stop light it idles weird u all think it might be the gas i have been runnin 89

2. Remove Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham
    Rockford, IL

Re: idle problem

Mine recently is doing that, when I watch the O2 sensor readings, they are plumenting to 0.00x volts, indicating lean. Which is somewhat normal, but if prolonged and uncontrolled it will run rough.

Did you get a bad tank of gas? I get mine at only 1-2 stations 95% of the time. The rare times I have got it elsewhere were the only times I had got bad gas. And that was only 1-2 times in the last several years. Once recently, and my wife filled up too, her Suburban ran so bad a Neon beat her up a hill, she was trying, he wasn't!!

Any check engine codes?

I have a 92 cadillac fleetwood brougham 5.7 and the engine codes i get are 112 and 132, i have no clue what these are and how i would fix these problems because when i am stopped at a light there are few times that my vehicle runs rough.

BCs71 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)

Quote Originally Posted by fleetwoodman12
    On my 96 fleetwood whenever i stop at a stop light it idles weird u all think it might be the gas i have been runnin 89
    If it only runs rough at a stoplight and you've gone through more than one or two fill-ups at the gas pump (preferably different gas stations as well) then I would guess that your EGR valve is on the way out or already failed.
    You should be experiencing a change in gas mileage and perhaps some stuttering when first getting on the gas (like leaving fdrom a stoplight).

I've been through this in my Caprice before, and the check engine light (CEL) did NOT come on until about 3 weeks after the symptoms started. The code just verified to me the EGR was bad.

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules