Any Mods Out There For My 93 Fleet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Any Mods Out There For My 93 Fleet? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have been searching for months on the internet looking for modifications I can do for my '93 Fleet. I ...
    fattzfleet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Any Mods Out There For My 93 Fleet?

I have been searching for months on the internet looking for modifications I can do for my '93 Fleet. I had a 94 & 95 with the LT1,(1 got stolen, 1 I had to sell). I MISS MY POWER!!!! Please, somebody help me!!!!!!
    Please no K&N filter stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: Any Mods Out There For My 93 Fleet?

Don't have any real suggestions, but that's because I've been nothing but thrilled with the performance of our '93, even compared to my '95 LT1 model. Both are very quick, but I still like the rock solid turbine pull and sound of the '93 a LOT...just maybe not used to the LT1 yet. It can be quick, but not as much as I was expecting.

Since you too have owned both, have any more in depth thoughts on a comparison of the two versions?

BCs71 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)

My guess is that you can join the Yahoo digest list for 9C1 owners and then also search the TBI posts at the www.impalassforum.com and www.impalaclub.com message boards. The latter link has a specific 91-93 section for TBI owners.

Pretty much any of their engine mods and stuff should apply to your TBI Fleetwood!

Good luck

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by fattzfleet
    I have been searching for months on the internet looking for modifications I can do for my '93 Fleet. I had a 94 & 95 with the LT1,(1 got stolen, 1 I had to sell). I MISS MY POWER!!!! Please, somebody help me!!!!!!
    Please no K&N filter stuff.
    Vortec heads, mild cam, headers and dual exhaust and you will at least match an LT1 but my guess is that it will be faster. The bad part is you will need a different intake manifold and I would personally switch to a carb if you are not in an area where emissions is of concern. A 600-650 cfm carb would do nicely. Gas mileage will suffer a bit, my 91 FWB gets real crappy mileage since I put on the carb but the power gain makes it worth it for me. These mods will probably run about $1500 altogether so I dont know if you feel its worth the extra hp vs. buying another LT1 car. The great part is that the car is now basically a 60's musclecar and real simple to work on. No opti spark, no sensors, no fuel injection, etc.. My 91 has the 4L60 non electonic transmission and I dont know if yours has the same trans or the 4L60E. Oh yeah, you would have to change the distributor to one with the internal coil vs the external coil yours has so tack on an extra $150 or so. Be sure to change the cam gear on the new distributor with the one on your current distributor. You can always do some junkyard scavenging for most of these parts and save plenty. All parts except for the carb intake for the Vortec heads are readily available from junkyards.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Yup, Vortec heads (<$500 NEW from GM), an LT1 B/D body cam would be starters if it was me. Then look at improved exhaust, similar to LT1, and PCM tuning would make it at least equal to the LT1.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.