1993 fleetwood misses while stopped at light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, 1993 fleetwood misses while stopped at light in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; 93 fleetwood just put cap and rotor and plugs and wires fuel filter air filter breather filter pcv valve ..........flushed ...
    bigmikelilmike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 fleetwood 76 coup

93 fleetwood missing while sitting at red light

93 fleetwood just put cap and rotor and plugs and wires fuel filter air filter breather filter pcv valve ..........flushed radiator just doing stuff it needed but it still misses and idle drops low for split second and seems fine while driving but stopped it misses any ideas i got almost 94000 miles on the fleetwood thanks for any advice ...big mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 93 fleetwood missing while sitting at red light

Did you gap the plugs out of the box or trust that they were ok? 90% of the time I have found my idle misses are too wide spark plug gap or too narrow. Both will cause idle miss. For Turbocharging, I ran a slightly narrower gap and had to put up with the miss, as under boost, the boosted A/F mix will try to snuff out the spark, so a narrower gap typically helps.

I am guessing being it is a L05, it should be 0.050" gap. Not 0.060" like the BOP engines typically were. Chevy always had to deal with a narrower gap for some reason. Pontiac was fond of 0.060", and Olds even flirted with 0.080" for a while on some.

Re: 1993 fleetwood misses while stopped at light

i trusted them out of the box i will check in to that thanks for advice anything else to check ,,,,..........

JTraik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '68 DeVille '95 FWB '99 Eldo '96 Cummins Ram 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikelilmike
    i trusted them out of the box i will check in to that thanks for advice anything else to check ,,,,..........
    I did too... same engine as well. I had a miss i tracked it down to the #8, removed my bosch platinum and the the tab was smushed right down on the electrode!

I noticed you did some coolant work. When i changed the tstat on my L05 there is a ground wire that goes on one of the water outlet hold-down bolts. I was drivin around with that ground off (didnt know it) my friggin airbag light was on... wiper functions didnt work... and at a stop the engine would run all jumpy and weird. Found the disconnected ground and presto! Just somethin to watch out for!

thanks for advice guys im gonna check it out tomm..........

well guys i thought i migt have a vacum leak but havent found one replaced the iac and the egr valve which both had a bad carbon build up and looked like they needed replaced anyways the egr seemed to help some accelrates better but its still missing or surging while stopped ...any ideas guys thanks

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

Did you check the ignition & pickup coils? Might want to stick a multimeter on the battery while it's running too, and make sure it's 14+ volts. If not, the alternator might be going and taxing the electrical system.

didnt check coils or battery alt but will look into it thanks ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.