5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, 93' FWD Brougham in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I am looking at a 93' FWB with 256K. Having said that my initial inspection of the car is one ...
- 12-05-04 01:07 PM #1Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- NEW ENGLAND
93' FWD Brougham...Is this bad?
I am looking at a 93' FWB with 256K. Having said that my initial inspection of the car is one of curiosity. The car interior is in excelent condition, one minor tear in (leather) seat, all controls I tried work well (windows, seats, lights etc). The exterior is in very good condition. Minor surface rust in small areas. Engine doesn't look bad considering a quarter million miles! It drives and shifts smoothly. Brakes work well and tires and aluminum are in good shape. Carfax returns a favorable report with only 2 owners! Although it is a 93' it was first registered in 95' with 44K (I presume a sales demo/left over?). The 2nd owner had it for the next 9 yrs and 211K miles! It has a heritage badge of 8. If this was this owners 8th Caddy, and he drove it 211K miles do you think that it was properly serviced, well taken care of? It appears so.
Two questions for the brotherhood:
1. Has everything that can happen to this vehicle (mechanically) already been serviced, thus making it one truely remarkable well maintained Caddy?
2. What else am I missing? What major (mechanical) factors am I looking at at 256K? I know its a crap shoot, the engine and/or the tranny could give-up-the-ghost at any time. Asking price is about $2300. What would you do?
Thanks in advance for your guidance and patience!
- 12-05-04 01:33 PM #2
Re: 93' FWD Brougham
I have the same motor at 283k. It could last another 100k easily, and its a $2400 replacement at NECO motors in Manchester if something goes wrong. Tranny should be fine as long as you DON'T perform service on it.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set
Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set - 9 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; SAE Stubby Hex Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8", 3/8" Drive: 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16" & 3/4"
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key MM
Long Arm Hex Key MM - 9 Pcs Metric Long Arm Hex Key Set With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 1/4" Drive