Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RBraczyk 
#1 · (Edited)
93' FWD Brougham...Is this bad?

I am looking at a 93' FWB with 256K. Having said that my initial inspection of the car is one of curiosity. The car interior is in excelent condition, one minor tear in (leather) seat, all controls I tried work well (windows, seats, lights etc). The exterior is in very good condition. Minor surface rust in small areas. Engine doesn't look bad considering a quarter million miles! It drives and shifts smoothly. Brakes work well and tires and aluminum are in good shape. Carfax returns a favorable report with only 2 owners! Although it is a 93' it was first registered in 95' with 44K (I presume a sales demo/left over?). The 2nd owner had it for the next 9 yrs and 211K miles! It has a heritage badge of 8. If this was this owners 8th Caddy, and he drove it 211K miles do you think that it was properly serviced, well taken care of? It appears so.

Two questions for the brotherhood:

1. Has everything that can happen to this vehicle (mechanically) already been serviced, thus making it one truely remarkable well maintained Caddy?

2. What else am I missing? What major (mechanical) factors am I looking at at 256K? I know its a crap shoot, the engine and/or the tranny could give-up-the-ghost at any time. Asking price is about $2300. What would you do?

Thanks in advance for your guidance and patience!
Paul

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.