Fleetwood LT1 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Fleetwood LT1 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; If im not mistaken, i believe that ive got pirelli scorpion zero 235's. Exactly how'd you drop it? Replaced the ...
    The13thMile is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Fleetwood LT1

If im not mistaken, i believe that ive got pirelli scorpion zero 235's. Exactly how'd you drop it? Replaced the bags with shocks and shorter springs out back? And to answer your previous question, they're 22x9.5

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

i dropped it by puttin impala ss spring all around, an puttin new gas shocks alround too

i still havent taken a pic of it 4 a while, need a update for my avatar already

Clean ride, 150 spokes?

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Yup ... And A Billet Grille

The billet grilles for the fleetwood dont come cheap, but they look clean as hell. I'm just ready to get my ride back on the block!

RatedZ is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by The13thMile
    Im also considering just beefing up a rebuilt caddy LT1. Any suggestions on cams, chips, etc?

By the way, nearly got 290,000 miles off of the previous LT1!
    First off, I just wanted to say "hello" to everyone here, as I'm new and this is my first post.

I actually just found out that the 1994-1996 Fleetwoods had LT1s yesterday. Being a huge fan of the LT1, I can't believe I didn't know this tidbit of information!

Anyway, I own a 1994 B4C Camaro, which has the LT1. I'm sure that both motors are the same, aside from the aluminum heads on the LT1s on the Corvettes, and the F-bodies. Also, the Corvettes have 4-bolt mains, while the F-bodies have 2-bolt mains. I believe the Impala SS/Caprice LT1 is also a 2-bolt main block. I'm not sure about the Cadillac's LT1.

To answer your question, I can make some suggestions on cams and such for you. I've got an LT4 Hot Cam setup in my closet, which includes 1.6 roller rocker arms, LT4 valvesprings, etc. I got my setup through www.gmpartsdirect.com for approximately $505 including S&H. From what I understand, this was a VERY GOOD price.

I don't know how much power you are looking for, or what you are using the car for, but the LT4 Hot Cam setup will net you around 330-340rwhp, from what I understand. This setup will probably make about 380-400hp at the crank, with headers, exhaust, intake, and other basic bolt-ons.

If you want to go larger, and emissions aren't an issue for you, you could go with the Comp Cams 306 cam, but it's a pretty wild cam. Don't even consider the CC305, as it isn't much better than the LT4 Hot Cam.

As for computer tuning, I would highly recommend contacting Bryan at www.pcmforless.com. I just got a custom tune from Bryan, and his work is exemplary. His tuning really woke my car up, and I paid $114 including S&H of my PCM. Do not even waste your money on a $350 Hypertech Power Programmer. Bryan's tuning is GREAT. The difference in the performance of my car was night and day with the tuning. My car idles smoother, has more power and is smoother throughout the rpm range, has corrected a slight stumble while the engine is under load, improved the gas mileage, and the throttle response is quicker. I can't say enough good things about www.pcmforless.com.

You may also want to consider a higher stall converter for your car, approximately a 2400-2700rpm stall, a shift kit, and a set of higher ratio gears than stock. I would recommend going with a 3.42 gear, which is a stock F-body 6spd gear, but will be a happy medium between the stock 2.56 (?) stock gears in your car, and 3.73s. A lot of people have found the 3.73 gearing to be a bit much in a car that is driven on the highway. If you do decide to get a stall converter, I also HIGHLY recommend a transmission cooler. B&M sells these for around $60, and it's money well spent. I went with a 24000gvw on my car, which will keep the tranny plenty cool.

I hope this helps, my friend.

carguy16 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

This member has the Vette engine:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photop...cat/506/page/1

Check out SSStealth's other pic's as well, his interior is awesome, I like the burn out with the white wall tires, im sure that tricks alot of people.

RatedZ is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

I definitely will check out the pics of his car! Does the Cadillac come with the Corvette's LT1 (4 bolt main block), or the Fbody's LT1 (w bolt main block) from the factory?

Either way, the LT1 is a fantastic engine, save for the optispark. I've had nothing but good luck with my LT1, aside from the optispark. I've got over 152,000 miles on mine, and no ticks, no tocks, no burning oil, etc. And no, I don't use synthetics. The LT1 is just a great engine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.