79 seville injection problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, 79 seville injection problems in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My injection isn't working. The car sat for 2 years and when I started it up, it flooded out. I ...
    wcwalker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow 79 seville injection problems

My injection isn't working. The car sat for 2 years and when I started it up, it flooded out. I could get it to run with nearly full throttle. I have disconnected the tank fuel pump and can get the car to idle. I changed the fuel pressure regulator and no luck. The dealer says the throttle indicator is bad, distributor endshaft sensor is bad and possibly the controller.

Were can I get parts/help.

Chuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EastOfGratiot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 79 seville injection problems

It would surprise me if all three of those components went bad after sitting for a couple of years. Does GM still stock the throttle position sensor? I thought they did. I would scrounge junkyards for the computer and distributor. It is very hard for me to imagine the distributor pickup going bad after sitting.

If you are not concerned about originality, or just want to drive your car while searching for FI parts, install a carburetor. You can replace the intake manifold with any small block Olds used or aftermarket part and use any 4 barrel carburetor.

I installed a new Edelbrock Quadrajet carb on my 455 powered Seville. I kept the in tank fuel pump, removed the high pressure pump (you could bypass it too), and installed a mechanical fuel pump to give me the correct pressure. It runs MUCH better than my car ran with the original Fuel Injection.

Good Luck

Richard A. Coyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It may just be stuck injectors, I found a local shop that would test, flow test, clean, calabrate and balance (as much as possable) injectors for $15.00 each.

AND they include new filters (In the injectors) and "O" rings too.

I had some problems, and had them done and ended up getting a few more out of a junk yard to retest and use.

A couple of the injectors were really flowing when we started.

Also get a presure test, or tester, should be rated for injection systems and handle at lease 100 pounds, the pressure regurator is on the front right side of the rail and a test port where you can hook up a presure tester next to it.

The main pump can out put up to 90 pounds, the regurater lowers it to about 35 pounds, if your reg is gone it might be getting run away presure that also could flood you. (Long shot..but YNK)

Rich

jepex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville 79

Hi,
    i have an 79 Cadillac Seville and today i had the same problem..
    The engine flooded out but i can get them to run with full or nearly full throttle..
    How can i eliminate this Problem?
    What is the Problem/Failure.. What i have to change that the car runs like before? Sorry my English is not so good, i hope you understand what i`m meaning :-)
    There are 2wires on the injectors, i think 1 is for the Signal and the other one have to be the voltage, wright?
    and the voltage wire is it positive or negative controlled??
    cause on 1 wire i have an Signalvoltage and on the other wire no voltage so i thought maybe it is negative voltage controlled..?
    When you have any informations for me please let me know!
    Thanks all

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.