5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Tcc in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Does anyone know where I can get a custom chip for my 88 Brougham. I only want the converter to ...
- 03-13-09 06:30 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1972 Eldo Conv, '88 D'Elegance,06 Escalade ESV,79 Biarritz
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- west bridgewater MA
Does anyone know where I can get a custom chip for my 88 Brougham. I only want the converter to lock up on the highway. ( in OD over 55 ) Thanks John
- 03-13-09 02:15 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- BALTIMORE, MD
If its TBI I would recommend TBIchips.com.
You also have the option of re-wiring it to a switch in you car and being able to enable and disable as you see fit.
Lastly, you could place the car in "3" and not "D". That will keep your converter from locking up.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
Pliers - 5 Inch; LockMore on PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - Flex Handle
Flex Handle - 1/2"Dr Flex HandleMore on PowerTorque Tools - Flex Handle
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Socket Set