5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Tcc in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Does anyone know where I can get a custom chip for my 88 Brougham. I only want the converter to ...
- 03-13-09 06:30 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1972 Eldo Conv, '88 D'Elegance,06 Escalade ESV,79 Biarritz
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- west bridgewater MA
Does anyone know where I can get a custom chip for my 88 Brougham. I only want the converter to lock up on the highway. ( in OD over 55 ) Thanks John
- 03-13-09 02:15 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- BALTIMORE, MD
If its TBI I would recommend TBIchips.com.
You also have the option of re-wiring it to a switch in you car and being able to enable and disable as you see fit.
Lastly, you could place the car in "3" and not "D". That will keep your converter from locking up.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key MM
Long Arm Hex Key MM - 9 Pcs Metric Long Arm Hex Key Set With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; SAE; Includes: 3/8" X 7/16", 1/2" X 9/16" & 5/8" X 11/16"
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container