lt1 to lt4 ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, lt1 to lt4 ? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I heard there was a conversion kit, or something to that manner:drinker how much do they run 4? and how ...
    juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

lt1 to lt4 ?

I heard there was a conversion kit, or something to that manner:drinker

how much do they run 4?

and how would i go about to gettin more info on it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: lt1 to lt4 ?

Yes! GMPP sells the kits, and it contains everything needed to do the swap. I'll include links to both kits, as the 1996-up LT1s need a different kit.

1994-1995 Broughams (1992-1995 LT1) $2,289.95

1996 Broughams (1996-1997 LT1)
    $2,329.95

The 1994-1995 kit is no longer sold by Summit, but I will poke around GMPP to see if it is still there.

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

What are the stats on an LT1 converted LT4? Horse and torque? Just wondering.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Here's a discussion we had about this last year. There's not a whole lot of information but it's a short read:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=1927

I would love to do this.. I'd love to find someone who's already done it. There must be Somebody Somewhere! 425 horsepower! That's a big difference from 260! I wonder if you'd actually get 425 anyway - with the restrictions.. Maybe 400 when all is said and done. That would make a huge difference..

The kit costs under $3k but what would it cost to get all this stuff installed somewhere?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

What about a regular ol Vortec L31 ... what can that be converted to?

Not doing it anytime soon. Intake, some minor exhaust work, and a chip. That's ALL I plan for the engine in my Fleetwood for a LONG time. Going to do a sound system, and just have a clean, simple cruiser.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Someone was mentioning a 396 in the other discussion (linked above)...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Hehehe, anyone thought of the 6.0L LS2 Vette motor coming out soon?

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles

396 was the original Chevy Big Block. Not a fine example and won't fit right in like the SB variations will. As I said in another thread, the engines now available at Chevy dealerships, as GM Crate motors will more than satisfy. I know you won't believe me, so All is OK! CYA!

Good Luck!

shadowluvr400....where can u get a chip for the FWB?...is it actually worth it?

i want to take the air pump out too...i know id need to reprogram the odb....the only thing i know about that is i have a notebook that id be able to use, an i can download the program...from there i wouldnt know wut else to do....

cable from notebook to car
    wheel size
    speed limiter
    air pump delete
    maybe sum gears?

Sorry, didn't spot that Question. On the Superchips, for the 94 Fleetwood, 22 horse, 30 torque. Pulls the governor too. Firms up shifts. It'd be worth it. Don't worry.

Cadillac Bob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by juiceE
    I heard there was a conversion kit, or something to that manner:drinker

how much do they run 4?

and how would i go about to gettin more info on it
    The LT4 conversion really isnt the best way to get power out of that car... I'd start a little simplier myself... Get some 1:6 roller rockers and a more aggressive cam, have the heads worked over and get a good port job on them, put a 3:73 gear in the car and get the PCM reprogrammed by someone reputable like Bryan Herter or LJ Mendoza. That superchips/hypertech stuff is junk, dont even consider it.

Go to impalassforum.com and spend some time talking to the guys there and you can get much better information about LT1 performance than here.

Oh yeah, removing the air pump wont really give you any performance gains at all and the LT1 uses a PCM.. start telling people you want to reprogram your ODB and you will get all sorts of funny looks

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Now the only issue with changing to the lt4 is that the brougham is a much heavier car than the camaro. You will probably get a drastic hp change, but it wont' be as much as it will be on a camaro lt1. Gas mileage is also an issue. Camaro light, Fleetwood ton o bricks. If you really want to do something drastic, get a used LS1 and supercharge it. It won't be nearly as cheap, more like four times more expensive, but the car will move like no-ones business. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Bob
    and the LT1 uses a PCM.. start telling people you want to reprogram your ODB and you will get all sorts of funny looks

that was my fault, i dunno why i wrote that

oh yea...i pretty much am dismissing the whole lt1- lt4 idea, i just want to reprogram the pcm, and get turbo mufflers for now

air pump delete wont make any significant differences?...well if thats true, then i wont bother with that, but i heard it makes sum goo gains...after the reprogram of course

Cadillac Bob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by juiceE
    that was my fault, i dunno why i wrote that

oh yea...i pretty much am dismissing the whole lt1- lt4 idea, i just want to reprogram the pcm, and get turbo mufflers for now

air pump delete wont make any significant differences?...well if thats true, then i wont bother with that, but i heard it makes sum goo gains...after the reprogram of course
    Nope, removing the air pump will pretty much do squat... wouldnt even bother with it. Anyone who tells you that has basically zero experience with it and is just making things up. The only advantage removing the air pump gives you is a slightly less cluttered engine bay. You will be very happy with a PCM reprogram, will be the best bang for the buck you can get. Try Brian at http://www.pcmforless.com.

If you need a interface cable upload your own .lt1 files I have a brand new one I can sell you for $50 shipped.

I would reccomend a 3:73 gear also if you do nothing else, that will get the car off the line much better and be a very noticable improvement.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.