cooling pressure problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, cooling pressure problems in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hello on that 86 chevy truck i have i decided to replace the radiator because it was it was in ...
    seth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 cadillac. 1990 chevy caprice, 1986 c-10 pickup

cooling pressure problems

hello on that 86 chevy truck i have i decided to replace the radiator because it was it was in real nastey shape. i put the new one in and made the mistake of using the old hoses and lossed that coolant. i bought the new hoses top and bottom and i drove the truck around the neighborhood probably about a mile and came home and the top hose was soft. befor i figured it wasnt building pressure was because of the leak on the top hose, i could squeeze it and the coolant would just squirt out. but now with the new hoses i cant find any leaks i replaced the readiator cap about a month ago any ideas before i changed the radiator the top hose was rock hard . maybe ii just didnt drive it long enough idk i get very nervous driving something that could overheat haha i guees theres only 2 more parts of the cooling system the water pump and the thermostat but i dont think any of those would be the culprit possibly the caps defective ? any sujestions will be appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: cooling pressure problems

Thermostat good?

Honestly, the only time I have seen my car (my 85 Cutlass with a 77 350 Olds) get harder than I thought it should it was a blown head gasket, there was exhaust getting into the coolant and pressurizing it almost immediately.

Are you getting heat yet? Is radiator and upper hose getting warm? Stupid question, thermostat in right way?

The guys over at FullSizechevy.com might know the truck better, but cooling system is cooling system (unless you have an LT1...)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.