not a cadillac 1990 chevy caprice with305 problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, not a cadillac 1990 chevy caprice with305 problems in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hello i have a 1990 chevy caprice it started running rougher upon aceleration and icanged th spark plug wires and ...
    seth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 cadillac. 1990 chevy caprice, 1986 c-10 pickup

not a cadillac 1990 chevy caprice with305 problems

hello i have a 1990 chevy caprice it started running rougher upon aceleration and icanged th spark plug wires and plugs and it still missed then i changed the cap which was in aweful shape (the terminals inside of the cap were nealy rusted through) i also changed the rotor the problem is now the car runs even worse it used to move but now it just stalls out since i replaced the rotor and cap and the timing seams to be way off. any ideas whats going on ? i want to adjust my timing but how exactly would the timing have got out of adjustment? i m also a little unclear about adjusting the timing on an hei system. my manual tells me to ground the diagnostic port on the car and in anouther place it tells me to go by the emisions label on the shroud which says you should disonect the est wire to put it in bypass. should i disconect it while engine is running to what? thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: not a cadillac 1990 chevy caprice with305 problems

The guys over a ImpalaSSforums might be more help, lots more L03's and L05's there.

But make sure #5 and #7 didn't get reveresed.

Did you crack a plug on install?

Bad wire? Ohm them out to see.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.