Need some Vacuum help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Need some Vacuum help in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok Im going through the process of hooking up my carb after replacement and i just cant find in the ...
    AllBlackBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Need some Vacuum help

Ok Im going through the process of hooking up my carb after replacement and i just cant find in the service manual a couple items and wanted to see if i could get a helping hand or two

whats the round ball type deal under the hood and what does it connect to?

I have two vacuum lines running from the inside of the vehicle to the motor, cant figure out where they hook into?

I have something mounted in the rear of the manifold that has a vacuum fitting on it, what does that get attacted from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Gwokable is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Need some Vacuum help

What engine/car?

First one is an air resivour, it keeps pressure on one of the lines. It's either to the anti-dieseling solenoid if you have the cursed Idle Load Compensator, or to keep pressure on the MAP when the car is shut off.

Ths second one sounds like vacuum sources for whatever needs to be hooked up. The Carb has a number of these at the base. The PCV system and Canister purge system (draws fuel vapor out of the canister) can be hooked into these. It all depends on wither or not it's a thermal vacuum switch (it'll have 2 leads if it is) or just a dumb draw.

Last one is to your EFE system. It produces vacuum going into the EFE TVS which will also be at the rear of the engine, and that TVS feeds an actuator arm at the drivers side of the manifold.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.